Social & Cultural Influences on Consumer Behaviour
Your task for this research assignment is to produce a report focusing on how social or cultural influences impact a consumption experience of your choice (e.g., buying a new pair of shoes, selecting a holiday destination, eating at a restaurant, etc.). You must conclude your report with two specific recommendations aimed at marketing professionals.
- Select a consumption experience that is of interest to you.
- Select a related topic/concept from Week 2 (Social Influences on CB) or Week 3 (Cultural Influences on CB) that may impact the consumption experience.
- Discuss the the topic/concept as it relates to your selected consumption experience by consulting secondary research sources such as:
- Reports in Passport, found under the “Market & Consumers Data and Reports” on the library’s Research Business Portal
- Peer-reviewed articles (from the last 5 years) by accessing ProQuest or Business Search Complete (both of these databases can be found on the Research Business Portal under “Trade News and Scholarly Articles.”) Examples of possible journals from which to find appropriate articles include (but are far from limited to): Journal of Business Research, Marketing Letters, Journal of Product and Brand Management, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- NOTE: you must cite at least 3 secondary sources!
- Conclude by recommending two specific courses of action that are practical (e.g., how businesses design or adjust their marketing strategies) and meaningful, based on your secondary research.
You must submit the following in a single document in PDF format:
- Descriptive title (max. 20 words)
- Report (max. 1000 words; no figures or tables are allowed – make your points in the text)
- References, in proper APA style